Family Resource Center
Our new Foster and Homeless Youth Center is now open and offers a range of services for both students and parents including:
- Tutoring and Academic Support (Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00-5:00)
- Computer Lab Access
- College and Career Planning
- Referrals for Community Based Resources
- Assistance with Accessing L.A. County programs for Foster and Homeless Youth
- Parent and Student Workshops
Please contact Ana Gutierrez, Foster/Homeless Youth Liaison, if you’d like more information at (626) 960-3052 Ex. 2224. The Foster Youth Center is located on the Willowood Campus at 2021 W. Alwood St., Room 301, West Covina, CA.
A foster student is one who:
- Has been removed from his or her home pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code section 309 (temporary custody); or
- Is the subject of a petition filed under Welfare and Institutions Code section 300 (dependent-victim of abuse or neglect) or 602 (juvenile who has violated the law); or
- Has been removed from his or her home and is the subject of a petition under Welfare and Institutions Code section 300 or 602
Education Code section 48853.5(a) establishes the definition of foster child for purposes of granting foster children the right to be placed in their school of origin in accordance with Education Code section 48853.